Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm so excited!

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I have been in Georgia for the past week visiting family and friends, and before that we were really busy moving out of the church. Now we are out and are busier than ever getting ready to move into the theaters, but i felt like i should make some time to blog. I hope that everyone is having an absolutely wonderful New Years Day, I know I am. I am so freakin excited about moving into the theaters, it fits our style way better than the building we were in before. I walked into the theaters with the electrician, pastor barry, and pastor t-rav to check out the theaters and understand how all the power was wired and instantly felt at home. I attend movies at Regal Cinemas occasionally, so i am familiar with the smell and the atmosphere of it. I then began to think, if i was someone who had never attended church before where would i go? A nice, big, fancy building with columns and choirs, and cookie-cutter christians dressed like a million bucks, or a church that meets in a place that i go often and am familiar with, with people who welcome me with big, fat smiles even though i am wearing flip flops and an AC/DC t-shirt? Sorry to stereotype so much, this is from one extreme to another, but hopefully you get my point. C3 is going to be in a way better position for God to use to reach people that don't know Him, and at C3 thats what we are all about. Connecting the Community with Christ. The launch is January 20th , first service starts at 9 the second at 1030. GET READY ORLANDO!

2 comments:

Chris Atkins said...

I'm glad you guys are getting things rolling. Man...that's gonna be awesome. I feel horrible about not visiting. So look for me soon! Haha would it be cool if I didnt even tell you I was coming?

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited too, see you there.
Happy New Year.