Monday, December 3, 2007

Another EYE OPENING sunday at C3!

Sunday morning at C3 was amazing as Pastor Byron continued the series Barbaric Grace. Below I have typed a few of the things that He said that really hit me.

"Comfort keeps us from success."
~As humans we all tend to gravitate toward comfort, but God often calls us to do things that are outside of our comfort zone. I am confident enough to say that if God hasn't called you to do something that is uncomfortable then you aren't listening well enough.

"Faith is the only thing that defeats fear."
~One thing I like to remember when stepping out in faith is that God will never fail. I often have insecurities about myself and doubt that I’m good enough to do what God is telling me to do, but I have to remember that I didn't create myself. It was God who created me this way so if I doubt myself then I doubt God. Therefore, I should drown my fear in faith.

"Why do we define ourselves by what others think about us?"
~I’d like to say that this question doesn’t apply to me, but I would be lying to myself. It’s ok to be cool and to be liked by others, but when that becomes more important than being the person God wants me to be then we have a BIG problem.

"Jesus feared the cross, but His love for us was greater than that fear."
~Love from the father does a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick on fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like much as you write, it beams very well, congratulations.