Sunday, November 25, 2007

I want to serve God. How do I do it?

I have talked to so many new believers who are so stinkin ready to serve God they can hardly stand it, but a lot of them think that in order to fully serve God they must become a minister, or a bible scholar. This couldn't be further from the truth. Yes God calls people to become pastors and bible scholars, but God calls the majority to other things. God has placed a skill and a passion in everyone of us. I believe in order to serve God to the utmost we need to purse our passions and develop our skills for the purpose of Christ. God doesn't call us to do things that we can't do, he has placed inside of us all we need to fulfill His will for our lives. I know that many people don't really know what their passion or skill is, and to be honest if you don't know you can serve God just as much as someone who does. The bottom line when serving God is loving Him and loving others and we can all do this.

2 comments:

David Dubiansky said...

I agree, was so sure that i was being called to minstry but im not to sure now. A whole lot has bene revealed to me through prayer so i suppose that if i keep praying about it He will reveal it to me.

P.S. I love reading your blogs dude, they are so thought provoking, and encouraging, its so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

This blog is awesome!!!! it's so truth and I agree, because I ask it sometimes.