Sunday, November 11, 2007

Barbaric Grace!

bar·bar·ic
1.without civilizing influences; uncivilized; primitive: barbaric invaders.

Today Pastor Byron launched a series called "Barbaric Grace". It truly opened my eyes to how barbaric Christ was and how Barbaric we should be as Christians. The whole idea of church and the system of church has become so civilized. I don't think that this way of doing church is from God. You don't have to agree with me but just hear me out. I think that a lot of churches have become so routine and boring. Get all dressed up on Sunday morning, sit in the same seat on the same row in the same pew, sing the same songs our parents use to sing, say hey to the same people we always say hey to, talk about events that we can have to attract lost people, but it always ends up being the same old shindig every year. All of this sounds very civilized and BORING! Of course at this type of church one does leave with a feeling of satisfaction, the type of satisfaction you get when you do something you really don't want to do but you know its best when you do it. Like going for a run. Well i think that church, rather than being one's run, should be one's meal before the run. It should prepare us for the battle that we fight during the week. I truly feel that C3 does that, but back to barbaric grace. It was barbaric for Christ to go to the cross, but it was through that barbaric act that His grace covers my sins. And because of this i feel that i owe my life to Christ, and to follow Christ's example I feel that if i were civilized about my faith and the way i live, then i would be disobeying God. I feel that God wants us to be barbarians when it comes to our church, our lives, and our worship and there is honestly no other way for Christians to be.

3 comments:

Barry said...

Well said bro!

David Dubiansky said...

dude, some of the stuff you say is so freakin awesome, "it should prepare us for the battle we fight during the week." that is just so deep, and meaningful, i love reading your stuff man, it is just so uplifiting!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm agree with you....your comment is awesome!!!!